Raw health and Superfoods

"I believe that eating raw is the future. Since I started eating raw just a few months ago I feel greatly developed. I welcome you to my blog where I hope to feed you with some information on various superfoods and provide you with recipes that are easy to follow. To the right are links to raw superfoods that you can purchase from various online stores"

Fantastic Raw Superfoods website!!!

Friday 19 June 2009

Agave!

This product to your left is Agave Nectar. The best way I can describe it is 'A raw super sweetener'.
The Agave plant (many species) also referred to as 'Maguey' grows in Mexico and is of great importance to the countries culture and origins. When the centre of the plant is opened, sap is taken out which forms the 'Agave Nectar'.
Agave along with other raw sweeteners such as honey etc replaced sugar in my life almost instantly. It has a pure taste and I can definitely see why it is revered in Mexican culture also due it it's richness in minerals. This superfood is a lot thinner than honey and is similar to maple syrup in terms of texture and form.
Agave nectar is delicious and goes with almost any raw dessert. This is a perfect product to accompany raw cacao to form a super energy snack.

No comments: