Raw health and Superfoods

"I believe that eating raw is the future. Since I started eating raw just a few months ago I feel greatly developed. I welcome you to my blog where I hope to feed you with some information on various superfoods and provide you with recipes that are easy to follow. To the right are links to raw superfoods that you can purchase from various online stores"

Fantastic Raw Superfoods website!!!

Saturday 13 June 2009

Will Power versus Raw Food Diet

Hey everyone
When I started implementing raw food eating and superfoods into my diet, I made sure that I still ate what I normally ate however slowly adding these raw aspects. The reason for this is because it requires too much will power in my opinion to go straight into the diet as the change is so unbelievably different to an 'average diet'.
Therefore I started by eating fully raw for breakfasts. Then moved it to lunch and breakfast, while still cooking e.g. chicken, fish, lamb etc for dinner. I then stopped cooking vegetables like I normally did for dinner and just ate them raw. So I was eating about 50% raw for dinner and 50% cooked. This slow transition made it possible for me now to eat about 75-80% raw foods through out the day. Occasionally I will cook a few pieces of chicken to go with my food as it fulls me up very well whereas raw food and superfoods etc are so light and amazing they just give you energy and don't weigh you down so you do seem to remain slightly hungry.
Anyway, my advice therefore is to take it slowly and make sure the transition is slow so your body can adjust to this new revelation!

No comments: